As Thanksgiving quickly descends upon us and the holiday hustle takes its place I wanted to spend a moment reflecting on the meaning of Thanksgiving.
Now I am not going to get all mushy and sentimental but I think it is important to take a moment and be grateful for all of the wonderful blessings each and every one of us has. I have so much to be thankful this year that I could not possibly recognize all of them in a blog post. Also many of you would probably be really bored after the 5th thing. So with that said I want to recognize 6 things that I am truly thankful for in 2014 and this is not in order of importance (disclaimer so my wife doesn’t get mad when she reads this).
- My Family. Starting a new business is exceptionally challenging. It requires a tremendous support network and I am so blessed to have that every day. My wife, kids, and in-laws have all helped in too many ways to count. They help keep me grounded and focused and I am so thankful for all that they do with and for me. I am very blessed.
- My clients. I know many people say this but I truly have the best clients in the world. They are like an extended family that I have the privilege to serve every workday. I am very thankful for their continued trust, friendship, and business relationship. We are building something that I think is very different and exciting.
- New Friends.The older you get the harder it is to make new friends. This new business journey has brought many new and interesting people into my life and I am thankful for the help and friendship that I have gained this year.
- Virginia Basketball. The season we just went through was a magical and unexpected experience that I got to share with my son. It is one that he and I will never forget. Go Hoos!
- Opportunity. I am very thankful and blessed that I have the opportunity to create a vision and voice around what I do and enjoy every day. I am so thankful for the opportunity to express my opinion and views and that people are even reading and caring about it just blows my mind.
- Struggles. I am very thankful the struggles that God lays on me. It allows me to see what a blessing life is. Sometimes in the moment I wish God would not trust me with so much but in the end I am thankful for it. I know that in the end it helps strengthen me.
So as you and your family and friends gather for Thanksgiving take a moment to remind yourself of all that you are thankful for. In the end we are all blessed. Sometimes we just need a little reminder.
Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.